RE: XDMCP to Solaris Hangs on specific W2k systems, not all

Patrick,

> Yes. I've had no problems running XFree86 locally.
> In addition, I've been able to run remote X apps on the
> machines that don't do XDMCP via ssh and setting DISPLAY.

Okay, then you want to run xdm in debug mode to get some more information.
Alexander Gottwald has described this process many times... one of them is
at:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-01/msg00253.html

Let us know what you find out from xdm.