Re: problem with keyobord on AIX

Hi Fiorenzo

Yes, I tried that and you are absolutely right!! I have NumLock on
permanently.
When I omit -kb parameter and let the NumLock key off, everything is OK and
XWin uses English keyboard layout.
When I omit -kb parameter and let the NumLock key on, it works like AltGr
is permanently pressed and XWin uses Czech keyboard layout (my Windows
default), that means I can write special characters only - like \|[]{}#<>

Harold, is there any way I can help you to fix this bug? (I cannot provide
you AIX machine, but I can run some tests and send you the results.)

Pavel Rybnicek

PS: Send next mails to the mailing list, please.

                    "Fiorenzo
                    Zanotti"             To:     <Pavel.Rybnicek@intax.cz>
                    <zanottif@isi        cc:
                    de.bcc.it>           Subject:     problem with keyobord on AIX

                    11.02.2002
                    19:00

Hi. I have had the same problem.
I think it's a Bug that happen only when we use CDE. (on linux All is OK)
It seems that BlockNum act as Alt_Gr.
Be sure that BlockNum is Off.

Fiorenzo Zanotti.