Cygwin/XFree86 hanging at bell event

Hi,

I just installed the latest Cygwin and added XFree86 4.2.0 onto it on my
Win2000-Pro machine.

Cygwin version:
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 MY-PC 1.3.9(0.51/3/2) 2002-01-21 12:48 i686 unknown

Cygwin works just perfect and I can start XFree86, but as soon as there's a
bell, XFree86 freezes completely. I thought it might be a problem with the
XFree86 release and downgraded it to 4.1.0 - but it had the same problem.
Bell (like CTRL+G) works just fine in bash etc. outside X. I have been
trying to silence the bell with termcap entries and with xset -b but it has
had no effect at all. As soon as there's a bell, X hangs completely.

I tried to do an strace to see what system calls were made, and I could tell
that when X hung, it hung completely. No more system calls were made from
that point on. If anyone would like a copy of the trace (_very_ long), feel
free to ask me and I'll mail it.

But have anyone else had this problem? And a solution?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
-Allan Jensen