how to disable closing the X server using the close button?

Hi,

we'd like our users to use our product with the Cygwin/XFree86 server.
We tried it with good results, but we have the persistent problem
that our users sometimes accidentally click the close button on the
Windows-window of the X server, which results in shutting down the
server as well as all the X clients.

We'd like to prevent that. Is there a way to disable that close button?

I tried -nowinkill, and it changed the behavior of Alt-F4, but not that
of the close button.

Running the server in fullscreen mode would be an option, but we'd like
our users to be able to work with Windows applications (such as WinWord
and Excel) at the same time, and in that case, it would not be convenient
for them to constantly switch between the fullscreen X server and the
Windows applications. So preferably, we'd like our users to be able to
keep using the X server in windowed mode.

Thanks and greetings,

Ivan