RE: ORBit install

Hi Rob
I didn't mean to suggest that there is a problem with the cygwin pthread
implementation.
Some gnome-vfs tests fail with various errors, which one I get seems to be
non-deterministic (ie I guess there's a/some race condition(s) so different
threads win each time?)

Sometimes I get:
GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 55 (g_mutex_new_posix_impl):
error Device or resource busy during pthread_mutex_init ((pthread_mutex_t *)
result, ((void *)0))

Sometimes I get a segmentation fault

Sometimes the test completes ok

Failures appear at different points in the program, so I can't even say that
the "resource busy" always occurs at X and segmentation fault always occurs
at Y.

When running in gdb the debug symbol table becomes corrupted, so the
function names it reports do not match the file:lineno reported - so the
program is clearly trashing memory on its way.

I *think* that a mutex is not being set properly, or is being corrupted when
the memory managment error kicks in, so that two threads attempt to free the
same memory, or one uses memory that is already freed by another. All
guesswork though, because I have not been able to trace the execution in
gdb.

Steven