RE: Start Problem

First things first: don't email me, email the mailing list.

> Thanks for the pointer, But this doesnt seem to be a
> solution to the problem!

You wouldn't be asking for help if you knew what was going on, would you?
It's not like we haven't seen this very same problem about 10 times before.

> Is there some other solution to the problem?? I didnt find
> anything else on the mailing list too. I did install and uninstall
> ZoneAlarm once, and that might be the problem! But now how do
> I get rid of it??

Your ZoneAlarm software is specifically mentioned in the FAQ entry that I
sent you.  ZoneAlarm makes some changes that it does not reverse when you
uninstall it.

You could always try updating to the latest cygwin1.dll version, as there
may have been some fixes regarding this problem in the last few months...
but I don't remember.

Harold