RE: Question

Cygwin/XFree86 has already been compiled.  The User's Guide tells how to
install the precompiled binaries.  There are no build host and cross
compiling host at all when you are trying to install software.

If, on the other hand, you were trying to compile Cygwin/XFree86, then you
need to look at the Contributor's Guide:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/cg/

Harold