RE: Log filling up

Cary,

> What is the purpose of this message (winCursorOffScreen () -
> hmm...)?  It seems pretty useless.

The message is mostly useless.  The message was put there as sort of a
"heads up" in case someone every reported seeing the message... then we
would know that we need to implement the function.  However, something on
your system is apparently causing bogus mouse movement messages to be sent
to Cygwin/XFree86.  I think the better solution would be to fix whatever
program is sending the bogus mouse messages (probably goScreen).

> It would seem like a good idea to be able to configure where the
> log file goes, though.

That's actually pretty difficult to do because there are several log file
messages that get printed before we see whether or not there is a -log
command line parameter being passed.  Thus, we would have to allocate some
temporary storage for log messages printed before the -log parameter, then
redirect those messages as necessary if we see a -log parameter, or else
dump those messages to the screen if we don't see a -log parameter.

Now, I don't know about you, or anyone else on this project, but I'm busting
my ass on my last semester of my senior year of college.  In other words,
you'll have to convince someone else to fix this problem for you, or you'll
have to fix it yourself.  (Of course, the easy solution is to download the
source as in the Cygwin/XFree86 Contributor's Guide, goto to file
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/wincursor.c
http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/wincursor.c,
#if 0 the ErrorF message that is bothering you, then compile according to
the instructions in the Contributor's Guide... we're talking *maybe* 30
minutes of your time)

> I never like seeing such things hard
> coded in a program.

Neither do I... but my priorities are fixed at the moment.

Harold