Update on log filling up

Well, I was wrong.  I thought I was getting tons of

  winCursorOffScreen () - hmm...

messages in my log file, when actually the culprit is

  winShadowUpdateDDNL () - IDirectDrawSurface4_Blt () failed: 887601c2

The thing is my log was so big I could not tail or more it.  I was using head and saw a few of the "hmm" messages and assumed those were the problem.  Turns out I always get those occasionally as I move the mouse around, but they're not a significant problem.

Also, the problem is not related to the virtual desktop manager (goScreen) that I am using.  (And I do still get "hmm"s whether or not I am running goScreen.)

These messages appear when I press CTL-ALT-DEL to get to the XP "Lock Workstation" button and any X window is being updated (including the X screen saver, which never goes completely blank since it can't go to power-saving mode).

I believe my workaround will be to disable the X screen saver, don't need it anyway--it was just going by default, and make sure I don't have any other animations or anything going when I lock my screen.

Cary

---
Cary Jamison
Cary.Jamison@PowerQuest.com