Re: building gnu emacs under xfree ?

Eric Chastan <eric.chastan@netcelo.com> wrote:

> Is someone allready manage to build emacs under xfree ?

Just about everyone who's built Emacs on a free Un*x has built it
under xfree.

To the best of my knowledge, though, no one has done such a thing on
Cygwin, though.

> Is someone have some tips on how doing it ?

Yes.  Modify Emacs' configure.in file, s/cygwin.h file (not included
in stock CVS), and (possibly) source code to support Cygwin and
Cygwin/XFree.  Then, build it.  Or, wait for me to finish doing the
required modifications.  (Which may take a while; I don't /need/ Emacs
on Cygwin, so I probably won't have as much resources to devote to it
as you might.)

> Eric.

Jon Cast