Re: building gnu emacs under xfree ?

Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 2:56 am, Eric Chastan wrote:
> > Is someone allready manage to build emacs under xfree ?
> > Is someone have some tips on how doing it ?
> >

> Have a look at the following links.
>
> http://jagor.srce.hr/%7Ehniksic/xemacs-on-windows-faq.txt
> http://www.xemacs.org/faq/xemacs-faq.html#SEC255
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html
>
> Have a bit more of a Google.  It looks like there are plenty of people who
> have built XEmacs under Cygwin, and a reasonable amount of doco around too.
>
> Rasjid.

Thanks for your response,
My question was not realy clear , in fact I want to build emacs as a X11
application running under cygwin/xfree not as a MSWindows application. Why ?
because I'd like to have my emacs managed by the X11 window manager and I can't
use directly Linux on my computer.

All thinks I found about compiling emacs with cygwin was about building a
MSWindows application.

Eric.