Problems with XFree86

Dear Cygwin-experts,

I am facing Problems using the Cygwin Bash Shell and XFree86 on a Windows NT
4.0 workstation. Starting XFree with help of the startxwin.bat olny results
in a blanc window with no action. Neither a background nor a pointer or a
terminal window appear. As I however start a XFree for a second time
(leaving the first open), I sometimes (but very rarely) do recieve a correct
window with background, pointer and a terminal window within it (although an
error message appears telling me that the directory \cygwin\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
is not empty).

How can I make this somewhat correct second startup happen regularely and
already with the first regular startup? What is wrong with my
XFree-environment, does anybody have any experience with this?

Please do only correspond directly to my e-mail-adress!

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Meilleures salutations / Distinti saluti /
Cordials salids / Best regards

--------
  VERMESSUNGSAMT DES KANTONS  ST.GALLEN

  Bernd Hebel
  CH-9001 St.Gallen, Davidstrasse 35

--------
  Projektleitung Geoinformatik, Büro Nr. 002
  Telefon: +41/71/229-3546
  Fax Sekretariat: +41/71/229-4802
  Elektropost: bernd.hebel@vd-kva.sg.ch
  Internetz: http://www.sg.ch