xclients using tcp protocol

Hi
Using Xfree86 4.2.0 with latest cygwin, I see the following problem whcih
may relate to the xdmcp connection problems reported by several people
recently, although I am not using xdmcp.

I set up the DISPLAY variable:
export DISPLAY=ntbox:0

I start the X server with:
XWin -ac -noreset&

then a test client with:
xclock&

the xclock appears as expected. Then I try a second client:
xeyes

This fails to appear, eventually timing out with a "could not connect"
error.
This behaviour is consistent, whether the clients are started on the same
machine as the server, or on some remote linux box, for any clients (xclock
& xeyes are for example only). Note that, on the local NT box, if I use
"DISPLAY=localhost:0" or "DISPLAY=:0" then there is no problem and the
clients all start OK.

It is as if the first tcp connection is accepted, but then the server stops
listening for further tcp requests. If that is the case, then it would
explain exactly the "black screen" syndrome experienced by the xdmcp users -
the first client is probably an "xsetroot -solid black" which succeeds, but
then all further requests are rejected.

Can anyone else reproduce this problem? Is it an error in my local X
configuration, or is there anything else I can change to fix it?

Thanks,
Steven O'Brien