Re: Installation on CD-Rom, Copying a whole installation

| - if all this is not possible, is there anybody out there who has written a
| nice installation-skript that installs xfree after cygwin is installed (this
| should not be too difficult for the average pupil) and can be edited to
| install some software too? If not, I will probably try to write one myself,
| but of course I´m not interested in reinventing the wheel...

The normal Xfree installation is done through a script
        [your fav. mirror]/cygwin/xfree/binaries/4.2.0/Xinstall.sh

What to do I think is like throw a selection of the contents (and
unpacked extract.exe.gz) of
        [your fav. mirror]/cygwin/xfree/binaries/4.2.0/
and I think the students will survive running Xinstall.sh from there in
their bash window..

        /Andy

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!