Re: And we have a xfree cygwin package.. (What are they called?)

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 11:27:18PM -0500, Harold Hunt wrote:
>Okay, I mirrored the files:
>http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xbase/xbase-4.2.0-1.tar.bz2
>http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xbase/setup.hint
>http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xbase/md5.sum

I'm not clear on whether these (mirrored) files are being formally
offered for the cygwin release or not.

I assume that these are just for people to play with but that will
require a little bit of customization of local setup.ini's if
you want to do anything useful.

If they are intended for the release then please follow the instructions
at http://cygwin.com/setup.html under "Submitting a package".

It seems like there were originally some questions that are best dealt
with in the cygwin-apps mailing list (cc'ed), where discussion about
that kind of stuff is commonplace.

I am excited about getting this into the cygwin distribution.  I wonder
how many people will discover it when it becomes part of the main
distro.

My inclination is to just add the xfree directory in the ftp area to the
list of directories that setup scans for files to install.  Then you can
create your hierarchy under that.

Or, were you planning on keeping the separate .tgz files around too?

cgf