RE: And we have a xfree cygwin package.. (What are they called?)

..
> I assume that these are just for people to play with but that
> will require a little bit of customization of local
> setup.ini's if you want to do anything useful.

Harold...
If I can be so bold, can I suggest that you add a setup.ini to the
collection of files - just include the setup.hint contents (see
http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html for the setup.ini format.

This will let folk grab the X install via setup.exe with NO
customisation of local files - all they have to do is run setup.exe,
click on "Add" in the mirror screen and put
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xbase in as the URL. Then setup.exe will
merge the main setup.exe and the xbase one into one seamless view.

If you are going to have http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xbase and
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xclient and
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/... (while testing) then put the setup.ini
at http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo and include the path in the install: