Re: "X connection to 127.0. ...explicit kill..."

/ Ed Conrad <epconrad@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:
| cygwin is installd.  This is a bug or somekind or config problem i have.

*bonk* you are trying to run Xwin.exe, what happens if you run
 startxwin.bat or startxwin.sh??

Basically the problem is that the environment variable PATH doesn't
contain c:\cygwin\bin, or where you installed cygwin. If I recall
right the startxwin-scripts sets this, but if you want to run without
them, you have to set the path yourself.

[...]

| > | If I try to run XWin.exe, it says that it cant find
| > | cygwin1.dll.

        /Andy
--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!