RE: rootless mode

Actually Win32 uses CreateWindow to create all the buttons and
scrollbars you see in (say) outlook or wordpad. Based on that I see
little or no reason it shouldn't work. However, I imagine that only
top-level windows will need to show on the task bar. Anyway, my first
goal is simply proof of concept - the native engine rendering into each
window based on picking up the pWin from GetWindowLong. What is a good
way to detect top-lvel X windows given a WindowPtr (so I can test this
rather than being stubborn :}).

The top level windows I'm creating have no win32 decoration - no close
button etc. That's a window manager consideration and one of the pdfs
you've gather documents a good way to handle that.

Rob