RE: rootless mode

Of course. That's a problem whenever a decorator may work on your
window.

> I've developed and maintained for some years a cross-platform
> C++-GUI lib (Win16/Win32/OS2/Motif), so I know what I am
> talking about. Please don't get me wrong. I don't wanna tell
> you, what you should prove with your concept. I just want to
> give you a hint where some major problems will arise ;-)

I've actually run into this before.
CreateWindowEx (WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,
                someclass,
                sometitle,
                WS_POPUP,
                x1,
                y1,
                width,
                height,
                (HWND) NULL,
                (HMENU) NULL,
                GetModuleHandle (NULL),
                pPrivateData);

creates a completely borderless window that is not visible in the task
list but sits behind everying - so it needs a parent. WS_CHILD also
creates a borderless window IIRC - and that's used for controls.
Changing the WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW to 0 creates a completely borderless
window that is visible in the task list and participates in the
Z-order...

Thanks for taking the time to point out a possible problem though, I do
appreciate the input.

Rob