Re: Xfree and OpenGL

Dear Alan,

thanks for your comments/advices. I tried glxgears and it works. The gears
are not rotating fluent enough on my 800MHz pentium, but I don't expect
this is related to my problem.

I am able to start xterm, swmgr, toolchest connecting to SGI 6.5.14 box
which probably use classical X11 and Motif library only. Trying to start
i.e. "jot", it claims:

dgl error (protocol): remote machine not DGL capable - meda:10.0
dgl error (default init): default dglopen(meda:10.0,4) returned -13

Connecting to another box, running IRIX 6.2, it is even worse - swmgr
shows only the first "Wait please ...." window and then you can wait for
hours and the main window does not appear. In the xterm you can see
following message:

WARNING: Not all colors for application icons could be allocated.  Some
interface elements may have different colors.
Warning: creating new shape image

Jot coredumps, many others too.
Toolchest starts fine, but no apps called invoked from its menus.

When I run this apps on the local graphics console of an SGI box, it works
fine.

Well, this problem is not connection type related (both ssh and
telnet+xhost produce same results). Probably should I install something on
the SGI boxes to translate DGL requests into the X11 protocol (rendered on
the server side, but at least working) ?

Any ideas are appreciated.

David