RE: XDMCP and Redhat 7.2

Matt,

Are you telling me that you had several failed Cygwin/XFree86 launch
attempts and you happened to never reboot (or at least to start out with a
command line that would fail after rebooting) thus you were never able to
connect to your remote machine via XDMCP?  Man, that is some bad luck.

So, tell me now if you can connect to your remote machine via XDMCP on
display 0.  Is everything normal for you now?

The point you raise about no error being reported is interesting.  The
portion of the X Server that opens port 6000 is operating system independent
(we didn't write it in other words) so I haven't checked if it tries to
verify that port 6000 can be owned on startup.  I'll look into it, as it
does make sense to abort the session and warn the user, rather than to
silently fail in the background.

Harold