RE: How do I run it?

> I don't know that the Windows 95 CD will be of help, but
> I found Trident's page for the card:
> http://www.tridentmicro.com/drivers/download/tgui9440.html
>
> The Windows 95 driver is here:
> http://www.tridentmicro.com/drivers/download/tgui_tvga/w95-9440.exe
>
> Hope that helps.  Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Yes, that fixes it.  The "Trident SVGA" driver on the original Windows
95 (OSR2) CD works after a fashion, but the version 4.something from
this download is considerably better.  I was amazed to discover that
the ancient unknown-origin monitor I've been using handles 1024x768
with no trouble :)

I've still got some xauth issues to work through when connecting
from other hosts, but that's generic X rather than CygWin/XFree.

Now to track down a CygWin port of fvwm2 ...