From: Edmund Urbani [mailto:emu@emu.no-ip.org]
Sent: donderdag 25 april 2002 19:13
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: XKB not working

Hi!

Yesterday i installed cygwin with XFree 4.2.0. Everything worked fine
from the start except that I could not set it up for my german keyboard
layout. All I get, when I try to use eg. setxkbmap is a popup window
(outside the X server as a normal Win2000-window) with this error
message:

Failed assertion
fds_on_hold !=NULL
at line 643 of file
/cygnus/netrel/src/cygwin-1.3.10-1/winsup/cygwin/dtable.cc

Other tools using XKB (like Kde Control Center) cause the same error.

I found an earlier post from Charles L. Werner on this list, who appears
to have (had?) the same problem, but there does not seem to be a helpful
reply to that one.
As a workaround I am currently using xmodmap in the X server's startup
scripts, but I would really prefer to use XKB instead.

So, any ideas what might be wrong with my X server? What is this
fds_on_hold variable and that dtable.cc file all about, anyway?

 Edmund

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
You are explicitly requested to notify the sender of this email that the intended recipient was not reached.