Cygwin XFree starting problem.

I'm currently facing the following Problem (which I've read questions about
in this mailing list, but no answers):
When I start XWin with startxwin.bat, startxwin.sh or with console always
the same thing happens:
For every xterm (which I started through the script) and for the
Windowmanager (I tryed twm as well as
icewm) a DOS Box opens. Then a window for XWin opens (I'll call it the white
window from now on,
 but all that shows up in this one is a big white screen and on the upper
left corner
there seems to be the windowmanager with the xterms but its just way to
small (about 80x100 pixel)
to recognise it. When I close the xterm DOS boxes the black box on the upper
left corner dissapears.
The curser dissappers when I move it into the 'white window' but when I
click into the left
upper corner there seems to open a dialog window which starts to a appear
the way I move the
invisible mouse pointer over it.
That's it for the problem description here's what my computer's like:
I'm running Win98SE with DirectX Version 4.08.00.400 installed.
I installed XFree with the Xinstall.sh in binary mode (I tryed to install it
at first with
the cygwin setup tool with the same result, but deinstalled that before
reinstallation)
The paths seem to be allright and nothing seems to be missing.
I have a 100BaseT Network card, and standard (I guess) components else.

At the first startup the XWin.log looked like this:

ddxProcessArgument () - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens () - w 1280 h 1024
ddxProcessArgument () - screen - argc: 5 i: 1
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows 95/98/Me
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 00000017
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL () - Using Windows display depth of 16 bits per
pixel
winAdjustForAutoHide - Original WorkArea: 0 0 991 1280
winAdjustForAutoHide - Adjusted WorkArea: 0 0 991 1280
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient w 1274 h 961 r 1274 l 0 b
961 t 0
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () -  Returning
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 2548
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 0000f800 000007e0 0000001f BPRGB 6 d 8
winLayerCreate () - dwDepth 8
winScreenInit () - returning
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing
from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/, removing
from list!
winCloseScreenShadowDDNL () - Freeing screen resources

But ever after it looks like this:

ddxProcessArgument () - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens () - w 1280 h 1024
ddxProcessArgument () - screen - argc: 5 i: 1

According to the FAQ the 'unix should be set to root' shouldn't be a
problem,
and afaik the fonts that weren't found are optional

Could you please help me with this?
Many thanks in advance!
Jens Drozd
(Sorry for this long mail, but I wanted to describe it the best I could)