Re: XFree86 Displaying on Desktops Shared with Netmeeting or PCAnywhere

XWin -engine 1

Most remote-view applications do not work with DirectDraw.  You need to force
Cygwin/XFree86 to use the GDI engine with -engine 1.

Back to exams now,

Harold

> Hello,
>
> My apologies in advance if I've missed this question in the archives or manual

s, but has anyone had a problem getting the Cygwin XFree86 displaying on desktop

s shared via PCAnywhere and NetMeeting?  I am seeing the same behaviour on both.

  Basically, on the PC that is running X and hosting either PCAW or NM, the X se

ssion displays normally.  However, the display on the remote PC does not update.

  If you minimize and restore the X session, you can see an updated view on the
remote PC, but that's the only way.  There must be some refresh issue with PCAW
and NM not realizing that the X session is updating the screen.  On a side note,

 Lotus' SameTime IM client doesn't have a problem sharing the X session.  Thanks

 in advance for any advice.  BCNU//jle