Re: startup of XFree86 with not movable windown

Hi Herold,

Thanks for the tip with the PATH.

I have done following things in current release (4.2.0-2)
and it is working fine for me.

1)  changed the PATH in my ".profile" file,
     located in my home directory:

export PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH
startx &

2) changed the one line in "startx" script like this

sysclientrc=/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

3) add in my home directory ".xserverrc"
    file with following line. (this was actually not required
    in order to run the "startx" in full screen mode)

X -screen 0 1024x768x16 -engine 4 -ac -nowinkill -noreset -emulate3buttons
100

After that all what I needed was to start an cygwin shortcut
on desktop of my PC and the XFree86 has been started
automatically (because of ".profile").  Than I realised that I can
start the XFree86 more times.

Is there any danger when I have more than one Xfree86 on my desktop?

Once there will be the new package available
I will try it and I let you know.

Thanks, :-)

Viliam  Batka

NHEELHJHHFKPMAEAFMFCEEHICNAA.huntharo@msu.edu">news:NHEELHJHHFKPMAEAFMFCEEHICNAA.huntharo@msu.edu...