Re: CYGWin reliability

> I have been using Cygwin for the last 4 months now and find it reasonably
> good to use, however.
> I have been having continuous problems getting it to connect to the server
> box.
> The configuration is Server: Redhat 7.2 (was7.1) running xdm > Win2K Server.
> Sometimes it will connect sometimes it wont connect at all.
> I updated the Cygwin installation last week.
> I have an eval copy of Xwin32 which works fine and my NCD300 terminal also
> connects every time.
> Is there any tricks? Have I missed anything?

We're using Cygwin/XFree86 4.1 at work to connect to a linux server and
find it *extremely* reliable: Over 20 boxes and no such problems yet.

What message do you get? Are these problems timeouts, refused connections, do other
things work from a box when it can't connect? What else is running on these boxes?
There's a lot of "utilities" and virus scanners out there which severely damage
the network stuff on Windows.

To me, it looks more like a network problem than a cygwin problem.

HTH

Edi