Re: Unable to get french keyboard with XDMCP connexion on AIX

Well, this is the time to make a point.

With AIX remote system, If I try to remove -kb
option (or put +kb option), the focus is not correct
in the login XDMCP window, as the FAQ said.

So I try to use the xmodmap command after running
XWin ... :0 -query AIX_IP
But it doesn't work.
I try to put the DISPLAY correctly, here are the tests.
 DISPLAY set to my local address x:0.0
  xmodmap refuse to connect to the server
 DISPLAY set to my remote address AIX_IP:0.0
  xmodmap refuse to connect to the server

I then open my XMDCP session into AIX,
set xhost + my_local_address

Then :
 DISPLAY set to my remote address AIX_IP:0.0
  xmodmap refuse to connect to the server
 DISPLAY set to my local address x:0.0
  xmodmap accept to connect to the server and I get
  the french keyboard.

But the problem is still at the logon part :
english keyboard (note that the AIX system is set
to a french version, so it is not a problem of AIX,
an of course with the commercial product, it works)

I can of course run a xmodmap after setting the xhost +
command, but it is quite not obvious for all users.
For me it's fine, but I am not alone (around 200 persons).

So, where is my mistake ?
xauth is not working properly (I am running Windows 2000,
perhaps the reason, the MIT-COOKIE is not correct).

I try to figure out how to run xmodmap so that even the
login phase is in french, and that it is only from
the user configuration point of view, and of course,
as much as possible quite automatic.

Thank you for all your helps, and continue please,
since it 's about to replace all our commercial
version of X11.

Frederic

- http://www.WebMailSPro.com - >>
VOTRE service d'email sans pub avec VOTRE nom de domaine