RE: "Legacy" Installation of XFree86/Cygwin vs. Setup.exe XFree86 Packages

Robert,

No, I really didn't think so, but I was hoping that if someone saw the
symptoms and the specific graphics hardware I was using they might have a
specific recommendation or some diagnostic information for me.

And I assume that the _apparent_ loss of a CPU was not actually that, but
rather the result of some stray reference clobbering a kernel data
structure. Judging from the later symptoms, there was damage to some data
structures that got written to disk, too.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA