RE: lesstif mwm bug

Chris,

I spent probably 4 hours searching Google and Compaq documentation for
libraries to aid in porting from VMS to UNIX and I've subsequently spent at
least 15 to 30 minutes everyday since then trying a few more queries, just
to make sure that I haven't missed anything.

I'm primarily in need of a library that provides translations of VMS system
calls implemented using POSIX system calls, as I'm porting from VMS to Tru64
UNIX (formerly DIGITAL UNIX) so I already have the DIGITAL FORTRAN compiler
that I need.  In fact, I already have implementations of the handful of
functions that I need (STR$UPCASE, STR$COMPARE, STR$POSITION, LIB$SKPC,
LIB$FFS, LIB$SPANC, etc.) but I want to open source them so that others can
use them and hopefully tell me what they do incorrectly.  For example, I
just fixed a bug in STR$UPCASE in that it didn't overwrite the destination
string with spaces if you called as, say STR$UPCASE(NAME, NAME(1:8)) where
NAME is originally 25 characters long.

In my searching came up with three libraries:

1) Sector7's VX/RT (not free) library:
http://www.sector7.com/openvms_to_windows-unix.htm

2) Accelr8's Open LIBR8 (not free) library:
http://www.accelr8.com/lib.html

3) General Atomics Fusion Group (http://web.gat.com/) has a set of VMS
functions that they implemented on HPUX:
http://web.gat.com/computers/1994_12_lib.html
However, they never published this as open source, so I'd somehow have to
find someone there that knows what I'm talking about, then convince them to
open source the work (albeit a small amount) that they did.

So, I'm kinda out of luck here.  I've got little choice but to start my own
VMS system call library project. :(

Harold