Re: MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 problem

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2002, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> > eg.
> > #/etc/X0.hosts
> > 127.0.0.1
> >
> > I will take a look on this tonight.
>
> I checked my configuration at home:
>
> The file /etc/X0.hosts contains all hosts, which may connect to the
> XServer.
>
> Having a host in /etc/X0.hosts is equivalent to allowing access from this
> host via xhost.

Alex,

I should've mentioned that I don't want to use host-based authentication
simply because it does not provide the level of access control req'd for
our environment where potentially hundreds of workstations will be
running cygwin/xfree. That said, I could always add "127.0.0.1" into the
/etc/X0.hosts file as you pointed out thus enabling access via the
localhost for all time.

The "MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1" style access control is working fine except for
the weirdness I reported in my original post.

Peter

This email and any files transmitted with it may be legally privileged
and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you
have received this email in error, please notify us by return email and
permanently delete the document.