RE: Trackpoint support?

Harold Hunt wrote:
> In this case you're going to have to do some investigation to find out how
> the Trackpoint driver emulates a mouse wheel.

Done.

I found out that there is a special configuration file for the
trackpoint driver. It's in /WINNT/System32/tp4table.dat in my
case, although it looks like in the beta driver they've renamed
it to tp4scrol.dat.

The beta driver's at http://wwwcssrv.almaden.ibm.com/trackpoint
(thanks to Scott Brim for the reference), although I was able
to make my current driver work.

I simply added the following to the end of the "Pass 0 rules"
in that configuration file and rebooted:

; X Windows
*,*,XWin.exe,*,*,cygwin/xfree86,WheelStd,0,9

That tells the driver to use Wheel messages as opposed to
whatever it normally does. Since the driver is capable of
scrolling in both directions, it probably does look for the
scrollbars by default. I was guessing a bit about what to
put in this entry, although that one seems to work.

Unfortunately, this doesn't allow the button to work as a
middle button as well, but -emulate3buttons works for me.

-Jerry