RE: Port of ImageMagick-5.4.5

I'd like to see libMagick.dll out there getting tested
(and available for openDX).  Can always update it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Wourms [mailto:nwourms@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, 26 May 2002 11:59
To: Billinghurst, David (CRTS); cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Port of ImageMagick-5.4.5

--- "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com> wrote:
> I have build a shared library version of ImageMagick-5.4.5.
> Apart from re-libtoolizing, the changes are trivial.
>
> I'd like to contribute it, but may not get time to work on it
> until next weekend.

Hmmm...you might want to wait until Harold finishes the various little
graphics libraries.  I *think* he is working on libiconv, libungif, glib,
gtk, and pango.  It certainly would make ImageMagick more robust...  Also,
since Unisys' patent on lzw will be expiring soon, I'd reccommend
compiling with the --enable-lzw flag (and who really cares about them
anyways).  Just my input on the subject...

Cheers,
Nicholas