xdm question

Hi,

After reading xdm howto and setting things up according to manual, I tried to use

xwin -query 10.0.0.2

to contact my linux box. But only the xserver fired up, no login screen to be seen.

When using xwinpro (with query switch) I got a login screen after a couple of seconds.

Anybody an idea?

TIA.

--

Greetz, Wout