french keymap and numpad

Hello.

I have installed yesterday cygwin-free on my Win2000 box, to access to a
sun enterprise server with xdm connection (as if I where on a X-Terminal).
To do this, I use 'XWin -query <myserver> -once'. Then, I've got the login
prompt of the server, but my french keyboard is seen as an US one.

After some search, I've found this message :
   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-05/msg00028.html
I've generated the file /tmp/fr.xkm with the xmodmap.fr file found at
 http://www.gotti.org and I now use this command :
  'XWin +kb -xkbmap fr -query <myserver> -once'
And hurray, my french keyboard is now recognised by the Unix server.

The only trouble is that the numerical paddel is not responding. More exactly,
it's beave as if the Num_Lock key wasn't regognised.
What can I do to solve this ?

Thank you.

Gilles Civario.