Re: Updated on sourceware: XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-3

I don't understand what you mean about putting a button in the Windows
taskbar.  The desired behavior is that we *do* put a button in the Windows
taskbar.  If you are seeing a case in which the button does not appear, then
that is a bug.

As for stealing focus, I'm not sure what you mean again.  For DirectDraw
fullscreen engines I was passing SW_HIDE to ShowWindow when we created the
window... I did that because we weren't really showing our window, per se, as
we were just using a DirectDraw surface that covered the entire screen.  It
turns out that that was not the flag to use.  So, I switched to SW_SHOWNORMAL,
of which MSDN says, "An application should specify this flag when displaying
the window for the first time."

The ideal situation would be that we would pass the nShowCmd parameter of
WinMain to ShowWindow, but it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to
propogate this value to the place where it is needed in XWin.exe.
Alternatively, I now see another flag, SW_SHOWDEFAULT, that looks like it may
have the same effect as passing nShowCmd to ShowWindow.

I could give SW_SHOWDEFAULT a try and see if that improves things.  What do
you think?  I suppose I should release that as a test release first so that
ordinary users don't have to get it if it is not an improvement.

By the way, the docs I'm reading are here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shellexecute.asp

This doc doesn't only apply to the ShowWindow flags, but it has the same
information as all the other docs on them.

Harold