Help required for installing tar

Hi,

I am using Cygwin and find out a lot of good utilities that this software is
providing. However I need one help for my project from cygwin software. My
problem is as follows:-

I have a directory in my C drive say C:\test\. Now I need to create an
archive of all the stuff in this directory say testfile.tar. I had a gui
which will internally call a command line statement which will create the
tar file for me. Now my server has windows2000 server configuration and no
other software. Now if I install only the tar package in my system from
cygwin software then I am able to do so fine. So is it possible to get the
dll or the source code of files other than the whole cygwin software which
will only help me in running tar commands from command line.

In other words can I use some software or dll which can only invoke tar
commands in windows from command line? I will be greatly obliged if I get
the source code and the dlls which can do this.

Thanks in advance.

With regards from
Nabhonil Sinha
Infosys Technologies Limited.