Re: XFree86-prog 4.2.0-1: Xarch.h includes nonexistant <machine/endian.h> (line 55)

Oops.  I have to do a full retraction of what I just said.

I made a simple test program that compiles just fine.

Xarch.c:
#include <X11/Xos.h>
#include <X11/Xarch.h>

int
main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
  return 0;
}

Makefile:
#
# Don't forget to `ln -s /usr/X11R6/include/X11 /usr/include/X11'
#

CFLAGS = -g

all: Xarch

Xarch: Xarch.o
	gcc -o $@ Xarch.o

I suspect that you are doing something non-standard, such as telling a source
package that you are compiling on linux (to get a start at compiling under
Cygwin), you are cross-compiling and forgetting to pass -Ulinux, or you're
including some header file that defines something that screws up the logic in
Xarch.h.  So, which one is it?  :)

However, you did cause me to stumble upon a real issue that needs addressing:
I need to make the XFree86-prog package post-install script make a link in
/usr/include to /usr/X11R6/include/X11.  That will save many a nightmare.