RE: How to start messing around with creating a rootless mode...

Yes, but the X infrastructure for this is excellent. I had it mostly
working, but looking crap due to the decorations, and not choosing which
windows to show on the taskbar terribly cluefully. Alan has various
patches from me. Unfortunately, my personal time completely dried up
without much warning a couple of months ago, and I haven't gotten back
to that.

>   The windows message loop will need to do some
> demux'ing as well.

Hmm, could do, but didn't seem to need it.

Rob