Re: Workaround, for now

Alan,

> LAYER and RANDR are not complete. They both form the basis for Rotate
> and Resizing. This will allow colour depth switching and rotating of
> the display. So don't worry about them.

Ah ha.  I knew what RANDR was supposed to do, but I was missing that vital
status information that they are not complete.  Had I known that I wouldn't
have enabled them yet.

I remember now why I did enable them: Keith made a change to SHADOW to
accomadate LAYER, but he didn't anticipate someone using SHADOW like we do, so
SHADOW started crashing on startup.  I saw his change and thought that SHADOW
now depended upon LAYER, so I spent a week or two enabling LAYER support.
After I had that working I realized that my crashing bug was still there and
that it really had to do with that change to SHADOW.  I submitted a fix for
SHADOW and suddenly everything was fine again.  I never bothered to turn LAYER
and RANDR back off after that because they didn't seem to have any negative
effects.  Now they do :)