RE: xwin.exe missing

Quick couple of checks ...

1) Did you select XFree86 in the package list?  (if you already had an old
cygwin
   install it won't get automatically selected.  Not sure if it's selected
by default
   with latest cygwin.)
2) Are you looking in the right place for it (/use/X11R6/bin/XWin.exe)  This
might not be
   in your path by default.

Stuart