Cygwin XFree86 installation on D:

All,

I'm new to this, but I spent some time looking through the instructions, web pages and archives for this problem, and couldn't find it.  My apologies if I missed it.

I installed a complete Cygwin and XFree86 on my Windows NT box in standard fashion, with the exception of pointing everything to the D: drive (a partition of the physical drive).  This worked swimmingly, and came up with no trouble.  However, I noticed a
Cygwin subtree on the C: drive that was pretty sparse, having nothing in it until you get down to  C:\Cygwin\usr\X11r6\lib\X11\fonts, where there are lots of subdirectories.

Hmmm, says I.  Is this necessary?

So, I moved it to the D: drive in the same place, where, incidentally, there was nothing, and lo and behold, XFree86 is now broken!  Here's the log file:

winInitializeDefaultScreens () - w 1024 h 768
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000001b
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDD () - Using Windows display depth of 16 bits per pixel
winAdjustForAutoHide - Original WorkArea: 0 0 768 1024
winAdjustForAutoHide - Taskbar is auto hide
winAdjustForAutoHide - Found BOTTOM auto-hide taskbar
winAdjustForAutoHide - Adjusted WorkArea: 0 0 767 1024
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient w 1018 h 742 r 1018 l 0 b 742 t 0
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () -  Returning
winInitVisualsShadowDD () - Masks 0000f800 000007e0 0000001f BPRGB 6 d 16
winLayerCreate () - dwDepth 16
winRandRInit ()
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
winScreenInit () - returning
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Sure enough, the font paths are not qualified with a drive letter.  When I copy the stuff back to the C: drive, everything is hunky-dorry.

Anyone seen this before, or know what I should do?  Maybe it's a bug in setup?

Thanks,

-Mark