RE: Use Tcp.h?

> Nicholas,
>
> Have you done a build test without -DNO_TCP_H?
>
> Harold

Let's see, here's the list of files in xc/ with NO_TCP_H in them:

xc/config/cf/cygwin.cf
xc/lib/dps/csconndi.c
xc/lib/xtrans/Xtranssock.c
xc/programs/lbxproxy/os/connection.c
xc/programs/Xserver/os/connection.c

Analysis of what is happening in each file:

1) cygwin.cf: We add -DNO_TCP_H to StandardDefines.  Most of the definitions
in cygwin.cf were inherited from the originators of the project that just
kept defining things until they got a build that worked; I have been
steadily removing useless or accidental defines for as long as I have been
with the project.

2) csconndi.c: We include netinet/tcp.h regardless of the fact that NO_TCP_H
is defined, because this flag is only checked when `apollo' is defined.
There would be no functional difference if we removed -DNO_TCP_H.

3) Xtranssock.c: We don't include netinet/tcp.h, it would be included if we
removed -DNO_TCP_H.

4) lbxproxy/os/connection.c: We don't include netinet/tcp.h because there is
an additional check for #if !defined(__CYGWIN__).  Removing -DNO_TCP_H would
have no effect unless we removed the check for !defined(__CYGWIN__).  This
check for !defined (__CYGWIN__) was added on 2000/08/10 by Suhaib.  This was
likely when we had a broken netinet/tcp.h file.

5) Xserver/os/connection.c: We include netinet/tcp/h regardless of the fact
that NO_TCP_H is defined, because this flag is only checked when `apollo' is
defined.  There would be no functional different if we removed -DNO_TCP_H.

A search through /usr/include for NO_TCP_H yielded no files, so non of our
includes are affected by NO_TCP_H.

I'll have the results of a build check when removing -DNO_TCP_H and the
check for !defined(__CYGWIN__) in lbxproxy/os/connection.c later tonight,
hopefully.