RE: Use Tcp.h?

Harold,

We had this discussion in the past, and yes I *have* read the cygwin-xfree
contributor's guide and followed your directions WORD-FOR-WORD, except for
removing the NO_TCP_H and defining font building.

I checked out the Xfree tree with the 4.2.0 sticky tag.  I then updated
the xwin drivers directory by unsetting the sticky tag.  Also, I did
mention cross-compiling, just not as direct as you may have wanted.  Also,
I will confess that I am using the cygwin-mingw-gcc-3_1-branch branch of
the gcc cvs sources for my compiler plus the latest binutils.  I encourage
you to do the same, as we a revving up to have gcc-3.1 replace the current
gcc any day now.  FWIW, I am sorry for not mentioning these factors
previously...

This is a clean build from a lndir'ed dir.  I do *know* how to build
outside of the tree!  Give me a little credit, plus I was comparing the
amount of warnings before and after I toggled NO_TCP_H.  Building X on
cygwin is just way too slow for me.

Anyhow, if you recall, you posted a log of your cross-compile awhile back.
 It turns out that in the log, the crosscompiler was never found, so all I
got was a log full of i686-pc-cygwin-gcc not found messages (not very
useful).  My point is that you should revisit your directions, as they do
not cover how to get X to build fonts when cross-compiling.  As it stands,
X is trying to use the foreign bdfto* and mkfondir utilities.  Also, the
XFree people have broken crosscompiling according to your method in HEAD
as opposed to the 4.2.0 branch.  You might want to investigate this as
well.