RE: Use Tcp.h?

Nicholas,

> Well there is no point in keeping stale defines around, is there?
> Obviously you were curious, otherwise you wouldn't have invested so much
> time.  :-)

Right, there is no point to keeping around stale defines.  Of course I was
curious, and that's part of my problem: I get too curious.

> I have, you cleared things up for me.  No big deal right now, but *if* you
> have some spare time this weekend maybe you could give that hdd install a
> try...  Not that I know all the facts, but surely a hdd install takes less
> then 10 hours?

The problem is that I have to be careful not to misplace any data during the
drive swap and that always ends up taking a lot of time.

> I take it that you feel this wasn't worth it?  I'm sorry then, I was just
> trying to be helpful.

It is always worth cleaning the code up, but I just wish that you had done a
build check and sent a patch instead of asking whether the flag could be
removed.  In this case you got lucky that you didn't do a build check because
your cross compile is broken somehow and you would have mistakenly thought
that -DNO_TCP_H is required.

> I've never heard you say these remarks regarding your X skills, I just
> assumed...  Well, the point is this.  Move your host.def file to some
> temporary location.  Then get a project that uses Imakefiles and run xmkmf
> in it's source directory.  You'll see that xmkmf requires a host.def,
> empty or not, to proceed with making the makefile.  I simply proposed a
> possible solution, I didn't expect you to deal with it instantly.  It is
> just something that you should be aware of as a potential gotcha.  I'm
> still thinking about how best to impliment the scripts, so that is why I
> submitted the issue to the list, in case someone else had an idea.

I try to reiterate my lack of X user skills at least once per quarter :)

Ah, that's the problem... I've never had to use xmkmf.  I would appreciate it
if you gave me the name a small project that uses xmkmf, then I could check
this out much more easily.