Re: xfs (font server) crashes under cygwin. Anyone got it to work?

--- Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@yahoo.com> wrote:
[SNIP]

> > I had a quick look and it looks to me like the only option via
> setup.exe
> >
> > if I want to make xfs is to download the full source for X. Is the
> > source
> > a special tree for cygwin or could I copy over the source I already
> have
> > from the ports tree on my FreeBSD box? Is it then as simple as going
> > an
> > xfs sub-directory and typing make?
>
> Well, unfortunately I tried building just xfs directory of the XFree
> source tree, but that doesn't work.  You'll have to follow the detailed
> instructions harold provides in the cygwin contributors guide:
>
> http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/cg/cygwin-xfree-cg.html
>
> You can follow the debugging directions if you want a debug build.
>
> You might want to set your cvs sticky tag to the xf-4_2-branch for the
> checkout if you run into problems with HEAD.  If you do go this route,
> be
> sure to unset the sticky tag in the /xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin
> directory.  This way you'll get the latest Cygwin/XFree updates while
> keeping the rest of the distribution stable.
The more I think about, the more it doesn't add up.  I am, by far, not
doing a standard build.  Infact, I'm not building on cygwin at all...

Here are some interesting facts about my build worth noting:

1)It was done via a cross-compiler on a linux box
2)I was using gcc built from the mingw_cygwin_gcc_3.1 branch of the gcc
cvs tree as of 06/22
3)I was using the latest binutils built from the binutils cvs sources as
of 06/22

I wonder if this has anything to do with it???

Cheers,
Nicholas