New xlauncher (was: Re: Success with Java prog in XFree)

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 10:05:48AM +1200, Tim Thomson wrote:

> I have modified my xlauncher program so that it will work on a normal
> cygwin/xfree install. It is just a binary that you can run, to give you
> a gui interface to run Xwin.exe. Source and binary available at
> http://xlauncher.sourceforge.net

I have a new version, available at http://xlauncher.sourceforge.net
It handles fonts properly, and lets you specify a list of servers to choose,
by name or IP in a text file.
I also added tabs, to tidy up the interface, although this now needs some
tweaking to look nice.

I'm going to add support for saving and restoring sessions, so you can save
many configurations and restore them easily.

> I want to get the xlauncher gui program working to the point where I can write
> a setup.hint file for it,and have it installable via setup.exe (if people
> think this is a good idea?).

How does this work, do I just make a package, and then email cygwin-apps?
Is this valid for this sort of program, where it isn't even compiled using
cygwin?
Is there a way to create an icon on the desktop/start menu using the post
install scripts?

Cheers,

Tim.

--