Re: Cross Compiling

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

> I did a little research and indeed it is those damn SuSE people who broke
> the cross compiling system!  Take a look at:
> http://www.xfree86.org/~keithp/xconf2001/cc-imake.pdf

Interesting article. I'll check what is needed to get current CVS cross-
compile in that build environment.

> and see if that doesn't seem like it fits the current case.  Note their
> desire to modify the imake source file instead of cross.def.  This might
> explain why the build fails when it tries to compile imake.

I made the following changes to build imake (the diff I'll send Thursday
will show this in complete)

- set BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS to "-Ulinux -D__CYGWIN__"
- pass IMAKE_DEFINES="-Ulinux -D__CYGWIN__"  to imake

also there are a lot of changes need where some programs are build as
ProgramTarget but should be HostProgramTarget and another big problem
in cygwin.rules where all: tries to build $(addsuffix .exe,PROGRAMS)
instead of $(PROGRAMS). This results in "No rule to make target
bitmap.exe.exe" and so on.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723