RE: Using the new cross compilation system - and a request for help

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Harold Hunt wrote:

> Alexander,
>
> I don't know if you ever explicity described how you got around the
> glibc_major and glibc_minor symbols not being defined.  The fun error that I
> get is below.

Either the SuSE folks forgot it to define in imakemdep.h or they have a big
design problem in imake. In Imake, there are a lot of #ifdef linux blocks
which then use the glibc_major symbol. But since the host-gcc is a linux
compiler and the cross-gcc is not, these blocks are compiled but the symbols
are not defined.

But since the build process worked well with the patch, I think we should
just define the dummy glibc_major (as done before for gnuc_major) and leave
imake.cc untouched

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723