RE: Bug in startxwin.bat after installing with setup.exe in win98SE

Bernard,

> I have to disagree.  Absence of complaints does not imply absence of errors.
> Many people become "used to" buggy software that only works if you don't deviate
> from the well-trodden path.

Okay, if you are so smart, explain to me how I can put a drive letter into a
batch file that is expected to work on computers where Cygwin could be
installed on ``c:\cygwin'' or ``d:\cygwin''?  I certainly could not put ``c''
as the drive, nor could I put ``d'' as the drive.  So, what do you suggest?

Okay, okay, so you are thinking, ``just use cygpath, duh''.  However, if I
could use ``cygpath'', then that implies that I already know where the Cygwin
binaries are located since I just ran one of them.  But, I don't know where
the Cygwin binaries are located, as that is why we are guessing what the path is.

> That's no excuse to fail to fix a known problem.

Huh?  There are things in life that are worth spending time on because they
will have a large effect, and there are things in life that are not worth
spending time on because they will have almost no effect whatsoever.  Changing
the startxwin.bat file to allow people to run it from a location other than
where it is installed to (which has got to be obvious to most users as doing
something that was not intended), is one of those things that will have almost
no effect.  You are going to have to do a lot better than that if you expect
me to keep my gleaming white ass in a dimly lit room programming when I could
be sitting outside by the pool, getting a tan, and drinking a beer.

Man, if you are going to try to one-up the maintainer in public, you had damn
well better be giving a complete solution, rather than trying to suggest that
the maintainer creates one himself.  Because in the latter case you just open
yourself up to off-topic ranting like I just did.  Yes, this makes me feel
better when I get to write funny things about how I don't like to program.
So, in a way, you have done me a good service.  Thank you :)

Harold